The provided text outlines the terms and conditions of Tuga driving school regarding driving lessons and related matters. Here’s a summary of the key points:
1. Driving License and Fitness to Drive:
– A valid driving license (provisional or full) must be held and presented in the first lesson.
– The student should be able to read a number plate from a distance of 20.5 meters (67 feet), either without glasses or with glasses if normally worn.
2. Payments and Cancellation:
– Tuition fees must be paid in advance.
– Block bookings and driving courses require full payment in advance.
– Payment can be made online via PayPal (with applicable fees), banking transfer, or cash at the beginning of each lesson.
– Cash payments made directly to the instructor are solely between the instructor and the student, and Tuga driving school holds no responsibility for refunds or reimbursements.
– Cancellations must be made at least 48 hours (two full days) before the lesson to avoid the full lesson fee being charged.
– Cancellations cannot be made through SMS or email.
– Different notice periods apply depending on the length of the lesson, ranging from 48 hours to four days.
– Failure to provide notice may result in a cancellation fee or credit claim.
– The instructor may cancel or change lessons under certain circumstances, such as dangerous weather conditions, with prepaid fees carried forward.
3. Bookings and Lesson Duration:
– The instructor will attempt to maintain regular lesson slots but cannot guarantee consistency.
– The minimum lesson period is two hours unless otherwise arranged.
– If the instructor is late by more than 15 minutes, that time will be credited to the student or carried forward to the next suitable lesson.
4. Refunds and Credit:
– Requests for refunding prepaid lessons must be made within 14 days, and the refund will be calculated at the normal hourly rate if a block package had been paid.
– Credit not used within 6 months will expire and no refund given.
5. Training Location:
– Lessons start and finish at the same location unless alternative arrangements are made.
– The instructor determines the practical lesson location for safety reasons and may need to drive the student to and from that location, with the journey time included in the lesson time. It is recommended you meet the instructor at the training location to avoid any loss of time.
6. Training Vehicles:
– Vehicles provided by the school for training are taxed, insured for driving tuition, roadworthy, and equipped with dual controls.
– CCTV and audio may be installed in the training vehicles for safety and evidence purposes.
7. Use of Own Vehicle:
– Students using their own vehicles for tuition must provide evidence of insurance coverage and meet taxation and MOT requirements.
8. Penalties and Driving Tests:
– Students are responsible for any penalties incurred during driving lessons or during their driving test.
– The school will charge the student for penalties or fees resulting from such situations.
– The instructor will make efforts to avoid such incidents but cannot guarantee them.
9. Driving Tests and Bookings:
– The instructor has the right to refuse the use of a school vehicle for a driving test if it poses a risk to public safety or deems the student not ready for the test.
– If a school car is used, the booking period will be based on the instructor’s schedule, with additional charges for longer durations.
– The School or the instructor cannot be held responsible for vehicle failure during the test or consequential loss of fees paid in advance to the instructor or DVSA.
– Cancellations by the DVSA will result in lesson and “use of car” fees being charged, and the student may seek compensation from the DVSA.
10. Code of Conduct and Complaints:
– The instructor agrees to abide by the Professional Code of Conduct.
– Complaints or disputes will be handled according to the guidelines of the Code of Conduct.
- Any complaints must be written via email to the school and the full complaints procedure followed before leaving any negative reviews online.
- Failure to comply with the complaints procedure may result in a defamation case brought against the complainant.
11. Student Rights:
– These conditions do not affect any protection the student has under consumer legislation.
12. Changes to Terms and Conditions:
Tuga driving school reserves the right to change or alter the terms and conditions without notice but will strive to inform students of any changes promptly.
If you have any specific questions or require further clarification, please feel free to ask.
Effective Date: 18th June 2021
1. Information We Collect
1.1 Personal Information: We may collect personal information from you, including but not limited to your name, address, email address, phone number, driver’s license information, and payment details when you interact with our website, request our services, or communicate with us.
1.2 Usage Data: We may also collect non-personal information, such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, and website usage statistics, to improve our services and website functionality.
2. Use of Information
2.1 Provision of Services: We use the personal information you provide to us to deliver our driving instruction services, schedule appointments, process payments, and communicate with you regarding your driving lessons.
2.2 Communication: We may use your personal information to send you updates, newsletters, and promotional offers related to our services. You have the right to opt out of receiving such communications at any time.
2.3 Analytics and Improvement: We may use non-personal information for analytical purposes to improve our services, website functionality, and customer experience.
2.4 Legal Compliance: We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in response to valid legal requests.
3. Data Sharing and Disclosure
3.1 Third-Party Service Providers: We may share your personal information with trusted third-party service providers who assist us in delivering our services, such as payment processors or scheduling platforms. These providers are obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of your personal information.
3.2 Business Transfers: In the event of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your personal information may be transferred to the acquiring entity.
3.3 Legal Requirements: We may disclose your personal information if we believe it is necessary to comply with applicable laws, regulations, or legal processes.
4. Data Security
We implement reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee absolute security.
5. Data Retention
6. Your Rights
6.1 Access and Correction: You have the right to access and update your personal information held by us. If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, you may request corrections or updates.
6.2 Opt-Out: You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions provided in our communications or contacting us directly.
7. Children’s Privacy
Our services are not intended for individuals under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from minors. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a minor without parental consent, we will take steps to delete that information.
9. Contact Us
Tuga Driving School Ltd
Thank you in advance for your co-operation.